Looking Ahead: Biden’s Immigration Policy Priorities
When President-elect Biden takes office on January 20, 2021, his administration has pledged to review and reverse both long-standing immigration policies and many of the new policies implemented by President Trump. President-elect Biden’s top immigration policy priorities include:
- Reinstating the Dream Act (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), which provides relief from deportation and work authorization for individuals who were brought to the U.S. as children.
- Reviewing Temporary Protected Status designations to ensure long-time U.S. residents are not forced to return to unsafe countries.
- Restoring the asylum system and improving asylum case processing.
- Ending the forced separation of families at the border.
- Modernizing the U.S. visa system and increasing the number of visas available for some work-based categories.
- Recognizing the spouse and children of green card holders as immediate relatives to speed up family reunification.
- Reversing the public charge rule, which requires substantial financial information from green card applicants.
What could these changes mean for you and your immigration case? Contact Best Law Offices today for a consultation.